The use of social media has come a long way. It no longer merely remains a way to get connected with each other. Social media channels have now become powerful marketing tools for small, medium, and large-size enterprises.
As a matter of fact, social media marketing (SMM) has become crucial for every business if it wants to thrive and survive in the modern, tech-driven world. As a company advances through the Digital Business Maturity Model, it evolves as it understands the critical role that data plays in the execution of all of its tasks.
So, today, we need to understand social media marketing statistics for the development of businesses.
Why Do We Need Social Media Marketing?
Before shedding light on some of the important SMM statistics, let’s get to know how social media marketing is helping companies worldwide:
Social media marketing assists companies in restructuring and growing digitally, in addition to being a quick approach to boosting revenue.
Through your social media marketing methods and interaction with your customer base, you engage not just current customers but also prospects, influencers, former customers (who may later become influencers), and even competitor businesses.
It brings forth the greatest practical possibility for you to compete with and surpass your slower-moving rivals is to handle digital business with a marketing-first mindset.
General Social Media Statistics
- In 2022, it is expected that social media advertising spending will reach US$226 billion.(statista)
- 82% of marketers reuse their content across different social media platforms. (hubspot)
- The second-largest market under the digital advertising umbrella is social media advertising. The projected increase in global revenue is from US$153.7 billion in 2021 to US$252.6 billion in 2026.(statista)
- According to data from social media marketing, only 2% of website visitors buy something on their first visit.(lyfe marketing)
- When compared globally, the United States will account for the majority of advertising spending ($80,670.00m in 2022). (statista)
Social Media Marketing for Mobile Device
- Mobile accounts for 92% of Facebook’s advertising revenue. (techjury)
- Social networking, such as Instagram, Facebook, and messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, account for 49% of phone users’ time in the United States. (semrush)
- According to the report, people who use social media are more inclined to make purchases on their phones: 15% of daily Instagram and Pinterest users and 19% of daily Snapchat users make purchases on their phones each day. (clickz)
Facebook Marketing Stats
- Since mobile devices account for 95% of Facebook ad impressions, the audience of an advertisement is no longer dependent on whether they are seated in front of a desktop computer at work or lounging at home with a laptop. (adespresso)
- Take a look at the US Facebook Ad Revenues from 2019 to 2023:
- 34.1% of adults worldwide over the age of 13 are exposed to Facebook adverts. (hootsuite)
- Facebook has more than 800,000 advertisements and 2.5 million videos about the 2020 presidential election. (arxiv)
- From the first quarter of 2016 to the third quarter of 2020, 10 million marketers were active on Facebook. (statista)
Instagram Marketing Stats
- In 2022, 58% of marketers want to use reels. (socialpilot)
- Females made up 49.3% of Instagram’s user base as of January 2022. (statista)
- The most popular brand on Instagram in 2021 was Zara. In 2021, Zara surpassed even Instagram itself as the most mentioned brand on Instagram with an astounding reach of over 2 billion users and over 300,000 mentions. (influencermarketinghub)
- On Instagram, video advertising receives three times as much engagement as sponsored images, with the majority of comments coming from viewers. Video is popular on Instagram. In other words, organic video posts get 75% more interaction than images. (Brid TV)
- Influencer marketing accounts for 69% of marketing budgets. (socialpilot)
- 75% of Instagram users respond to at least one advertisement. (socialpilot)
- Instagram spent 390 million US dollars on marketing in 2020, more than twice as much as it did in 2019. Facebook Inc., the parent company of Instagram (which would change its name to Meta Platforms Inc. in 2021), reported marketing and sales expenses of $11.6 billion in 2020, giving Instagram a share of 3% of what Facebook spent on marketing that year. (statista)
The Power of Influencer Marketing
Today, Influencer Marketing stands among the most popular and effective forms of online advertising. It’s hardly surprising that marketers are using the social media platforms’ most famous faces for marketing, given the millions of internet users who use them daily for amusement, inspiration, and product suggestions.
Since 2019, the value of the worldwide influencer marketing market has more than doubled, and as of 2021, it was estimated to be worth 13.8 billion dollars. Collaborative efforts between brands and creators are now more lucrative than ever as the sector of influencer marketing continues to develop. This growth is also reflected in the scale and worth of influencer marketing platforms, which are growing year after year. (statista)
LinkedIn Advertising Statistics
- LinkedIn Ad can reach 14.6% of the global population. (hootsuite)
- B2B marketers utilize LinkedIn to establish strong working relationships in their target market. You may expand your professional network while obtaining high-quality leads for your company. Furthermore, it becomes simple to interest them with valuable information. According to 82% of respondents, LinkedIn is the best platform for attaining content marketing goals. (influencermarketinghub)
- LinkedIn (97%), Twitter (87%), Facebook (86%), YouTube (60%), Instagram (30%), and Google+ (28%) are the top six social media sites used by B2B marketers for their content marketing initiatives.LinkedIn, followed by Twitter (48%) and Facebook (42%), is the most effective social media network for content marketing initiatives, according to 78% of B2B marketers. (contentmarketinginstitute)
- In Bermuda and American Samoa, the professional social networking site LinkedIn had an effective advertising audience reach of 104.8 percent and 101.8 percent, respectively, as of March 2022. With 72.8 percent and 61 percent, respectively, the United States came in sixth overall while the United Kingdom came in the seventeenth. (statista)
YouTube Advertising Stats
- In the second quarter of 2022, YouTube’s worldwide advertising income reached 7.34 billion dollars. (statista)
- 70% of users claim to have purchased a product after seeing it on our site. (Google Blog)
- In fact, a recent study reveals that YouTube advertisers attribute 28% of their conversion aids to Awareness formats. (thinkwithgoogle)
- YouTube ads now reach more than 212 billion viewers, up a significant 11.9 percent (+271 million users) in the previous year. (datareportal)
To sum it up, these statistics clearly depict the growth of social media channels across the years and how they have become integral for organizations to grow and increase their reach. So, if you haven’t been using them, it’s time you have a social media marketing strategy in place.